Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Glitching

Why is my iPhone 8 not working properly? I recently cleaned it with a multi surface cleaner just to disinfect it, but I only cleaned the exterior, but ever since then the volume will turn up and down by itself disturbing the screen visibility, and the lock button isn’t fully functional.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Dec 9, 2019 7:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2019 7:31 AM

There's a good chance your cleaner got into it and killed it. You should never use any liquid cleaner on any electronic device. You can try shutting it off and letting it dry out for a few days. If that doesn't fix it make a genius bar appointment-->Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2019 7:31 AM in response to Dfbarragan1

There's a good chance your cleaner got into it and killed it. You should never use any liquid cleaner on any electronic device. You can try shutting it off and letting it dry out for a few days. If that doesn't fix it make a genius bar appointment-->Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Glitching

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.