Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XS Max unresponsive to taps

Is it common that this particular model is glitchy on the display? Part of my screen (left) doesn’t respond to taps. Plugged or unplugged. 6 months of regular use, mail text calls, social media, etc... ios 13.6.1. Bought from best buy. haven’t been dropped, not sat on, no liquid damage. Just happened all of a sudden. Limited warranty. Backed up and restored. Same issue. Reps say i have to turn it in for repair. And that i have to pay if/when they see damage?

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 5:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 2:24 PM

I have used an iPhone XS Max since its launch day. No screen issues thus far whatsoever.

1) Try and Force Restart your iPhone exactly as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF).  

(2)  If that does not help your phone might need service ➔  Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2020 2:24 PM in response to 23ByeFelicia

I have used an iPhone XS Max since its launch day. No screen issues thus far whatsoever.

1) Try and Force Restart your iPhone exactly as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF).  

(2)  If that does not help your phone might need service ➔  Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Axel F.

iPhone XS Max unresponsive to taps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.