Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Message on my iPhone reads ‘Undo Read’ with options of ‘Cancel’ or ‘Undo’ but no option takes away the message.

I get a message on my iPhone that reads ‘Undo Read’ with options of ‘Cancel’ or ‘Undo’ but no option exercised takes away the message. It remains.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 9, 2019 11:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2020 3:54 PM

I have the same question as many others. Please explain the “undo read” box that pops up. And can I get rid of it.

41 replies

Dec 19, 2019 9:14 PM in response to BobM3203

I have had this same bug since I updated my iPhone XR to IOS 13.3.

See screenshot below.

I am not able to enter the Mail app after this screen comes up. I can go into other Apps, but not the Mail app.

Pressing the Cancel or Undo button does nothing.

I have to restart the iPhone to be able to access the Mail app.

Yesterday, I had to restart my iPhone XR 3 times during the day to clear the bug.

Dec 17, 2019 4:16 AM in response to BobM3203

Occasionally when I open my email on my iPhone my email messages are not there but instead a box that reads ‘Undo Read’ with options to ‘Cancel’ or ‘Undo’. However pressing those options does not get rid of the ‘Undo Read’ box and bring up my email listing. As one other user said pressing the ‘Undo’ multiple times brings up the email listing. But that isn’t how this should work. What’s the solution.

Feb 10, 2020 10:55 AM in response to BobM3203

It is a totally stupid feature and a pain that shows up on my screen for no particular reason. What makes it worse is neither button does anything when I press it.

What ever genius MBA over at Apple who thought this would "add value" should be driving an uber.

The only way to resolve it is to slide up the window to close the program and reopen email. Total PAIN - APPLE please decimate this feature in your next software update.

Message on my iPhone reads ‘Undo Read’ with options of ‘Cancel’ or ‘Undo’ but no option takes away the message.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.