Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sim card is not supported on iPhone XR

Hi,

I just bought an iPhone XR from my friend. It was on AT&T. When i try to set it up with my T-Mobile Sim card, it says:

"SIM Not Supported. The SIM card that you currently have installed in this iPhone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server. This is not a hardware issue with the iPhone. Please insert another SIM card from a supported carrier or request that this iphone be unlocked by your carrier. Please contact Apple for more information."

How can I fix this? Can I take it to the T'Mobile store or do I have to get my friend to take it to the AT&T store?

Thanks for any help.

iPhone XR

Posted on Dec 10, 2019 6:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2019 6:08 AM

The phone is apparently still locked to AT&T.

Have your friend request an unlock from AT&T, since they are the one with an AT&T account.

2 replies

Sim card is not supported on iPhone XR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.