Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trade-in damaged by Phobio

Sent my iPad in for trade-in in perfect condition and later received notice that it was rejected because it was damaged. Phobio sent a photo of it and it now appears that it had been dropped and damaged by Phobio. They refused to admit it and will be sending it back. I have a photo of the screen but not the corner that was damaged. I would never send another device in for trade-in knowing how the process works and that you have no recourse if they damage your trade-in.

Posted on Dec 10, 2019 6:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2019 9:59 AM

Hello,

Did you send this iPad into Apple or into a 3rd party trade-in service?

If you sent this into Apple then I suggest you call Apple.

Contact AppleCare

Similar questions

2 replies

Dec 10, 2019 11:23 AM in response to QuickPost

I sent it through the Apple trade-in program. I called Apple Customer Support as soon as I received the email that the iPad was rejected due to damage. I told them it was not damaged when I sent it in using their packing box and they said all they could do is transfer me to Phobio. When I spoke to Phobio, they said nothing they could do but send it back to me (damaged) and sent me a picture of the damage. You can tell from the picture someone at Phobio had dropped it and dented it on its side.

Trade-in damaged by Phobio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.