Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV+ app for Mac

I have a 2018 MacBook Pro updated to macOS Catalina. The Apple TV app works fine on my iPhone, and once worked on my MacBook, but even after restarting my computer a number of times, signing out and in, etc. there is only a loading wheel over the grey background of the Apple TV+ app.

Does anyone know what is going on? I would like to watch these shows on something larger than an iPhone screen...

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Dec 10, 2019 10:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2019 2:06 PM

Hi there, chels525.

I see that you're trying to use the Apple TV application on your Mac since upgrading to macOS Catalina. The problem is, it constantly buffers, and you can't watch anything. Good job on the troubleshooting you've used, and I'm glad to help.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac -- Restart your Mac in safe mode and test how it responds. If it works while in safe mode, reboot normally and test again in your own user account. If not, continue to "How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac" below. 

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac -- If the issue is also happening in safe mode, use this article to create and test a new administrative user account. This will demonstrate if the issue is isolated to your account, or if it's system wide.

Let me know how that goes, and take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2019 2:06 PM in response to chels525

Hi there, chels525.

I see that you're trying to use the Apple TV application on your Mac since upgrading to macOS Catalina. The problem is, it constantly buffers, and you can't watch anything. Good job on the troubleshooting you've used, and I'm glad to help.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac -- Restart your Mac in safe mode and test how it responds. If it works while in safe mode, reboot normally and test again in your own user account. If not, continue to "How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac" below. 

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac -- If the issue is also happening in safe mode, use this article to create and test a new administrative user account. This will demonstrate if the issue is isolated to your account, or if it's system wide.

Let me know how that goes, and take care!

Dec 18, 2019 9:12 AM in response to chuck_3rd

Thanks alex_h1.

I needed to create a new user account, as the issue seems to have been with my original account. The Apple TV+ app works as it should now on the new user. Safe mode was not a lasting solution.

I've had some kind of issue with that account and kernel panics for some time, so perhaps a different user account won't have the same issue, and I can avoid future kernel panics.

Fingers crossed!

Apple TV+ app for Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.