Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photo error 1001

export only allows some not all photos with title

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 10, 2019 11:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2019 2:42 PM

Hey there Irish Creek,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re getting an error when exporting from Photos. I’ll be happy to help.

Where are you exporting your photos? To an external drive or another folder on your Mac? Make sure you’re following these steps when exporting your photos:

Export photos, videos, and slideshows from Photos on Mac

Try changing the export location and see if this has any impact on the issue.

If that doesn’t help, see if this occurs in safe boot to isolate and possibly resolve this issue:

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

Also, check your permissions to the folder where you are exporting your files. This may be causing the issue for you:

Change permissions for files, folders, or disks on Mac 

I hope this helps.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2019 2:42 PM in response to Irish Creek

Hey there Irish Creek,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re getting an error when exporting from Photos. I’ll be happy to help.

Where are you exporting your photos? To an external drive or another folder on your Mac? Make sure you’re following these steps when exporting your photos:

Export photos, videos, and slideshows from Photos on Mac

Try changing the export location and see if this has any impact on the issue.

If that doesn’t help, see if this occurs in safe boot to isolate and possibly resolve this issue:

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

Also, check your permissions to the folder where you are exporting your files. This may be causing the issue for you:

Change permissions for files, folders, or disks on Mac 

I hope this helps.

Dec 13, 2019 3:28 PM in response to Irish Creek

If you haven't added a title to the image but are using the file name that appears under the thumbnail those photos will end up invisible where they are being exported to. It's a problem with Photos. One way to avoid that is to use one of these AppleScripts to fill in the Title field:

Batch Changing the Titles to the Filenames with Extension (Dec 19,2018)

Changing the Title to the Filename without Extension

Batch Change Title to Text w/Padded Sequential Numbers

Batch Changing the Title to the Capture Date 2018

The scripts compiled as an applications can be downloaded from this tutorial site:  P01 - Applescripts from Photos’ User Tips Compiled as Applications

These and other scripts can be found at Thematic Index to Photos for Mac related … - Apple Community

photo error 1001

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.