Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID Sign issues

I reset my iphone and was going through the process of filling out my stuff, but I keep getting stuck on the Apps & Data part. I clicked restore from iCloud Backup and that took me to signing into my Apple ID. I entered in my Email/username and password and it took me to Updating iCloud settings... and it would load , but everytime it would either pop up something saying "The connection to iCloud is timed out." or "There was a problem connecting to the the server". I would click Okay but it would take me back to the initial page. I did this multiple times and I don't know why it's doing that. Someone please help!

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Dec 10, 2019 7:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2019 8:53 PM

Do you have access to another WiFi network where you can try? That has worked for several people.

Try a restart.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Try a forced restart.

Reset Device

If necessary

Hard reset

Do a backup and try a factory reset. Then restore from your backup.

Restore to Factory setting

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2019 8:53 PM in response to Kelly-205

Do you have access to another WiFi network where you can try? That has worked for several people.

Try a restart.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Try a forced restart.

Reset Device

If necessary

Hard reset

Do a backup and try a factory reset. Then restore from your backup.

Restore to Factory setting

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup

Apple ID Sign issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.