Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes Password & Face ID Not Working

I recently upgraded from an iPhone 6 to 11 and since the switch I've been unable to access my locked Notes.

I have Face ID enabled for Notes on my new device but Notes still prompts me to enter my password, which I do. Despite entering the correct password (I remember it and has never changed it) the Notes won't unlock.

To make things stranger there is 1 locked Note that will unlock normally while others won't. They all have the same password and were created around the same time.

I even tried it from my iCloud on my computer. Again the same Note will unlocked while others will also show the "unlocked status" they still require a password and won't respond to the correct input.

I can't seem to find a solution to this. If anyone can help that'd be great.

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 10, 2019 10:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2019 10:42 PM

If it is your "my new device" the password has not be linked to your FaceID on this iPhone.

Watch the GIF below.

Settings > Notes > Password [This is where you establish a link between password and Face ID

The GIF below is using Touch ID but the process remains same for Face ID too.

Similar questions

1 reply

Notes Password & Face ID Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.