Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked Out of Notes

I don't remember ever setting a notes password, I locked them with face ID. Now Face Id wont work and I don't ever recall creating a password for it.

I went to "reset password" in the notes settings of the phone the notes are on, and it let me, i updated some sort of password, but i still can't access any notes.

If I can't recover the password, why isn't Face ID working? Any ideas on how to get that to work again?

And what did the note password reset, reset?

Thank you.

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 10:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 12:56 PM

From the article below.

To unlock a note, you need to enter the password that it's locked with. If you forgot the password, Apple can't help you regain access to your locked notes. You can create a new password, but this won’t give you access to your old notes. A new password will let you password protect any notes that you create going forward with the new password.

Notes - How to lock on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.  *

See if anything here helps 

Face ID - If an alert says has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro.  *

If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro  *

Face ID not working.   -

Face ID not working' problems on iPhone.    -

Fix iPhone X Face ID Not Working.    -

Face ID Not Working.   -

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2022 12:56 PM in response to joshuayh

From the article below.

To unlock a note, you need to enter the password that it's locked with. If you forgot the password, Apple can't help you regain access to your locked notes. You can create a new password, but this won’t give you access to your old notes. A new password will let you password protect any notes that you create going forward with the new password.

Notes - How to lock on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.  *

See if anything here helps 

Face ID - If an alert says has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro.  *

If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro  *

Face ID not working.   -

Face ID not working' problems on iPhone.    -

Fix iPhone X Face ID Not Working.    -

Face ID Not Working.   -

Locked Out of Notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.