Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 13.2.3 and ios 13.3 battery issue

after updating to 13.2.3 i get battery issue .. battery drains when phone us not in use. over night battery get drains 30 to 40% .. after replacing my battery also i face same issue of battry drain.. battery capacity =100%. iphone SE ... what should i do ??

iPhone SE

Posted on Dec 11, 2019 8:45 AM

1 reply

Dec 17, 2019 5:03 AM in response to shubham231

I've been suffering with battery draining issues on my iPhone SE since blindly jumping across to iOS 13. The only improvement I managed to make has come from a factory reset and clean install of fewer Apps at the same time as stripping Location services right back to a minimum, turning off background updates, lowering screen brightness, removing widgets, turning off raise to wake etc. This made my phone barely usable without being continuely tethered to a mains supply or powerbank, even after updating to 13.2.3. My iPhone battery health has been and still is 97% and since having these issues I've been careful to only charge my phone to 80% with periodic recharging to 100% due to the apparent increased need to recharge my phone. I also had instances (like others) when I first upgraded to iOS 13 where the indicated battery level would drop off a cliff down to 1% and on one occasion I left it for almost 24 hrs without plugging it in! Anyway I've now taken the plunge and updated to iOS 13.3 after much deliberation and the results so far are very promising. After updating this morning I left the phone to fully recharge to 100%, so from 7:15am this morning to 1pm the same day, whilst listening to Apple music on my ear pods for my 40min journey to work and light use (including a short phone call) at work my indicated battery percentage is still 90%. I hope this helps you and others to find a solution to the apparent battery draining issues, if updating to iOS 13.3 alone doesn't fix the issue.

ios 13.2.3 and ios 13.3 battery issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.