Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery draining fast issue with my iPhone 6

Hi there,

Lately and for the first time l have been having battery draining fast issue with my iPhone 6. It is running on iOS 12.5.5, the latest version for iPhone 6 and such, the battery health is at 99% capacity. Any tips to fix this problem is much appreciated.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 11, 2022 9:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2022 9:27 AM

Did you already force restart your iPhone by holding the button on Sleep/Wake button and the Home button together for at least 10sec, until the Apple logo comes back again?

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

6 replies

Jul 11, 2022 9:28 AM in response to yannan128

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with the battery on iPhone 6.

You can read this support page for help optimizing your battery for your Apple device: Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple.

It is worth noting iPhone 6 will not support iOS 16, coming later this year. If this matters to you, you might want to consider upgrading to a newer model of iPhone (which will have a better battery as well). iOS 16 Preview - Apple

I hope this answers your question!

Jul 11, 2022 10:42 AM in response to yannan128

Did a 3rd party service provider or Apple replace the battery in the past?

As you already talked to the official Apple Support, I guess, they also asked you to set your phone back to factory settings, using your computer, setting it up as a new device after that, without any 3rd party apps installed?

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to factory settings

Jul 11, 2022 10:37 AM in response to Ingo2711

Yes, l did try that along with some other tricks as suggested by apple support but none worked. Right now it takes less than 30 minutes for the battery to go from fully charged to 20%. By the way, the battery is 7 months old. I have read about this issue by some other users, now it is happening to me. Hope someone can help me out.

Jul 11, 2022 11:03 AM in response to Ingo2711

Hi there,

First of all thank you for being here to help. The battery replacement was made by a third party. Everything was fine for the past 7 months till a couple of days ago when the battery was draining unstoppable. The thing is when I checked for battery health it shows 99% max capacity. I wonder if iOS 12.5.5 has anything to do with it, in other words am l forced to replace my senior iPhone 6?

Jul 11, 2022 11:43 AM in response to yannan128

Did you check in the settings for the battery, if there is any app standing out, using battery the most?

To rule out a software issue, try the restore to factory settings and set it up manually without any backup, in case the backup data also contains the problem. If the battery life has been stable for those 7 months, it might be an app that is causing the battery drain.

Then test the battery life.

Battery draining fast issue with my iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.