Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s and iOS 13.3 update; auto answer problem still exists

OK Apple, PLEASE FIX....

When a phone call comes in, the iPhone automatically answers the call, even when I am not physically answering it (and there is no auto answer turned on). Do Not Disturb is turned OFF

Also, the call is not routed to voicemail.

Also, there is no way to toggle on/off the option under Accessibility--> Touch--> Call Audio Routing...the options are Automatic, Bluetooth Headset, and Speaker by default. One cannot turn the auto routing OFF or ON, it is ON by default.

Auto-Answer calls is still on 10s

This means that anyone calling my phone when I am not available will not be able to leave a message and the call will automatically pick up and they will eventually hang up when I am not on the other end.

At least with the 13.3 iOS update, I now have a badge on the phone app that shows me someone called. It was a bug with iOS 13.2.3 and did not appear.

This auto call answering became a noticeable problem with the update to iOS 13.2.3

iPhone 6s

Posted on Dec 11, 2019 8:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2019 9:21 AM

You initially said: "Also, the call is not routed to VoiceMail." However.. check everything that is listed below...

Some of the reasons are listed below which may direct your calls to VoiceMail

1. DND status
  2. Bed Time schedule
  3. Call Audio Routing method
  4. Ringer Volume level
  5. Call Forwarding to another number
  6. Silence Unknown Callers [Enable] Calls status : Only numbers in Contacts, Mail, and Messages ring your phone. All others are diverted to VM
  7. Have you done any of these; decline a call and send it directly to voicemail, by doing one of the following:
    1. If iPhone is unlocked, tap Decline.
    2. If iPhone is locked, press the side button or Sleep/Wake button (depending on your model) twice quickly.
    3. On your EarPods, press and hold the center button until you hear two low beeps.
    4. To be reminded to return the call, tap Remind Me, then choose when you want to be reminded.
    5. To respond with a text message instead of answering, tap Message, then choose a reply or tap Custom.
    6. To create your own default replies, go to Settings > Phone > Respond with Text, then tap any default message and replace it with your own text.
    7. Block unwanted callers: In Favorites, Recents, or Voicemail, tap  to see a caller’s contact card, then tap Block this Caller. Or go to Settings > Phone > Blocked Contacts. You don’t receive voice calls, FaceTime calls, or text messages from blocked callers. All are diverted to Voicemail

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2019 9:21 AM in response to Nmarth

You initially said: "Also, the call is not routed to VoiceMail." However.. check everything that is listed below...

Some of the reasons are listed below which may direct your calls to VoiceMail

1. DND status
  2. Bed Time schedule
  3. Call Audio Routing method
  4. Ringer Volume level
  5. Call Forwarding to another number
  6. Silence Unknown Callers [Enable] Calls status : Only numbers in Contacts, Mail, and Messages ring your phone. All others are diverted to VM
  7. Have you done any of these; decline a call and send it directly to voicemail, by doing one of the following:
    1. If iPhone is unlocked, tap Decline.
    2. If iPhone is locked, press the side button or Sleep/Wake button (depending on your model) twice quickly.
    3. On your EarPods, press and hold the center button until you hear two low beeps.
    4. To be reminded to return the call, tap Remind Me, then choose when you want to be reminded.
    5. To respond with a text message instead of answering, tap Message, then choose a reply or tap Custom.
    6. To create your own default replies, go to Settings > Phone > Respond with Text, then tap any default message and replace it with your own text.
    7. Block unwanted callers: In Favorites, Recents, or Voicemail, tap  to see a caller’s contact card, then tap Block this Caller. Or go to Settings > Phone > Blocked Contacts. You don’t receive voice calls, FaceTime calls, or text messages from blocked callers. All are diverted to Voicemail

Dec 11, 2019 9:15 AM in response to Nmarth

Thank you for your response.

It exists on a friend's iPhone at the level above those three choices but they have different iPhone model.

The behavior of the auto answer appears to have changed. It would route to voicemail before the call would be picked up.

At this point, I can't verify. Hopefully, it's fixed by simply turning off the auto routing at the level below those three choices.

Thanks much!

iPhone 6s and iOS 13.3 update; auto answer problem still exists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.