Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 14 incoming call Screen Notification Answer (green) reject (Red) too close together. Hangs up instead of answers

iOS 14+ The notification screen for an incoming call has the green answer side beside with the red cancel/stop button (iPhone 11). No matter how soft or hard I press the green button, it cancels the call. My wife has the same problem on her iPhone 8; My daughter in another state has the same problem on her iPhone 11. The two buttons are too too close together and no matter if the green button is pushed, softly or firm, it cuts the phone caller off.

HOW TO OVERCOME THIS DESIGN DEFECT?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 8:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 9:08 AM

I wish I could take a picture of it. But when there is an incoming call while I am using the phone (for something else- an app) there is a small banner at to top of the screen with the red (hang up) Button and the Green (Answer) button on the top of the screen. There is no way to take a screen shot while the phone is ringing and ( I ) am using the phone with an app at the time it is happening. NO, we are not in the Zoom mode either. It is banner size. I am surprised you don't understand this. My wife on a different model (8), My daughter in another state (who works for that state) and myself all have the same problem when we are using an app on the iPhone: Small Banner at the top of the screen with the red / green button popping up while phone is ringing - to allow you (me) to answer or decline. Buttons always decline even if the green button is pushed.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2020 9:08 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

I wish I could take a picture of it. But when there is an incoming call while I am using the phone (for something else- an app) there is a small banner at to top of the screen with the red (hang up) Button and the Green (Answer) button on the top of the screen. There is no way to take a screen shot while the phone is ringing and ( I ) am using the phone with an app at the time it is happening. NO, we are not in the Zoom mode either. It is banner size. I am surprised you don't understand this. My wife on a different model (8), My daughter in another state (who works for that state) and myself all have the same problem when we are using an app on the iPhone: Small Banner at the top of the screen with the red / green button popping up while phone is ringing - to allow you (me) to answer or decline. Buttons always decline even if the green button is pushed.

Dec 7, 2020 9:15 AM in response to HLeejpn

Okay, that helps. Seems you have the Settings configured to display the banner on the phone for calls if you are doing something else. This has nothing to do with Zoom, but you had not indicated that this was the banner on top of the phone. If your iPhone is locked, you should see the full screen notification, however if you are doing something on the iPhone and receive a call, depending on your settings for incoming phone calls, you can see either a full screen or a banner. I agree that on a smaller screen phone such as the iPhone 8 would be even more difficult than the iPhone 11. To change this, go to Settings>Phone>Incoming Calls. Set it to Full Screen. When on Banner, you will just see the small banner on top of the phone when you receive a call. If you wish to keep it on banner, if you tap the banner to the left of the buttons, it will open the full screen for you to see as well.

Hope that takes care of your question.

Dec 8, 2020 6:11 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

I think this would work better if the red/decline/hang up button were on the far left side and the green/answer button were on the right, OR at least they were further away from each other. They are too close to each other as they are now. My wife and daughter have small fingers, yet they often push answer but it cuts the call off instead. I don't have fat fingers but I blamed my larger fingers and tried to make a very conscious effort to hit the green button, but it rarely happened that I could answer the call.

Thanks again.

iOS 14 incoming call Screen Notification Answer (green) reject (Red) too close together. Hangs up instead of answers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.