Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home automations not working ios 13.3

After recent update to ios 13.3 and new tvOS, my home app became useless and manual controlled only.

All automations shortcuts “erase” after every start of the home app, and they don’t work after been redone. Also the shortcuts inside smart buttons press/double press menu are erasing.

I am very upset, everything was working fine in previous version.

I spend a lot of money in homekit lamps sensors and buttons and appletv4k and now its all just useless, I am very disappointed, ios 13.3 was marked as polished update :-(

No restart reinstall home app is helping.

Posted on Dec 11, 2019 1:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2019 3:26 AM

Hi,

Dear Apple Support. This is not an issue with the devices, but with the tvOS 13.3.

All automations that uses shortcuts were wiped out from the homekit - only after tvOS upgrade.

It's the same scenario for devices like philips hue, eve, aqara...

The automations are kept, but the devices and scenes are removed from it. But not completely, only from the view - it's not visible. When i manually trigger the automation, it works.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2019 3:26 AM in response to chuck_3rd

Hi,

Dear Apple Support. This is not an issue with the devices, but with the tvOS 13.3.

All automations that uses shortcuts were wiped out from the homekit - only after tvOS upgrade.

It's the same scenario for devices like philips hue, eve, aqara...

The automations are kept, but the devices and scenes are removed from it. But not completely, only from the view - it's not visible. When i manually trigger the automation, it works.

Dec 15, 2019 4:54 PM in response to Maxzippoman

Hello Maxzippoman, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! I understand that the automations that you have created in the Home app are not appearing, and not working when recreated. This issue only began after updating the iOS and tvOS. I have several automations set up in the Home app, I understand how important it is to have them accessible and working. You've done a great job troubleshooting the issue up to this point. There are a few more settings to double check. 

First, please be sure that your iOS device and Apple TV are both signed into iCloud with the same Apple ID, and you have turned on iCloud Keychain as well as Home in the iCloud Settings. You can check the settings on your iOS device by going to settings > [your name] > iCloud. 

Next, check to see that you have Bluetooth turned on your iOS device. Also, verify that you can access the internet over Wi-Fi by going to Safari and trying to access the Apple homepage.

Once that is verified, please restart your iOS device and your Apple TV following the steps below:

Restart your iPhone

Restart your iPad

Restart your iPod touch

How to restart your Apple TV

After both have been restarted, follow the steps under, "Check the status of your home hub," to verify the correct device is connected: Set up your HomePod, Apple TV, or iPad as a home hub. Once you have the primary set up, check the automations again, and see if there is any change. If there is not, please message back with more details about what is occurring. If you're receiving any alerts or messages, be sure to provide us with the verbiage.

All the best.  

Dec 16, 2019 12:09 AM in response to jeremy_v

Thank you for reply, but unfortunately checking icloud bluetooth wifi home app etc. did not help, shortcuts created for home and ones inside my eve buttons (single press double press) don't work, they hide inside menu, after pressing them again they appear but still not work and disappear again.

Restarting everything did not help.

Only progress I got is enabling ipad pro as home hub along appletv4k, Bluetooth smart buttons started to react on pressing faster and more stable, but still only basic homekit stuff works, without any shortcuts scripting with triggers snd conditions

Dec 16, 2019 8:16 AM in response to Maxzippoman

Hi Maxzippoman,

Based on the information you've provided, check and see if there are any updates needed for your Eve buttons and devices.

With many automated devices there is a brand specific app which will let you know if there are any updates. If you don't have it downloaded already, this site will give you the link to download the Eve app: Eve Support | evehome.com

Once you've verified all updates have been installed for the devices, if the issue persists, Contact Apple Support for more assistance.

Cheers!

Dec 17, 2019 2:38 PM in response to kamil299

Had a similar issue this weekend with automation and various smart home products. I had to log out of my tvOS, disable the home hub from my app, reboot the ATV, and log back in. Once I logged in, it set up as a new device (new home hub) and finally they started working. I did not have to remove any devices or delete/recreate any automation.

Home automations not working ios 13.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.