Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Failed to install MacOs Catalina

I've tried to install MacOs Catalina. It failed to install with this message "Some APFS cryptographic state information was unexpectedly unavailable. : (-69461). Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again'. I've tried again but I still have the same issue. Are you able to advise the actionI need to take to install MacOS Catalina? Thanks

​[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.14

Posted on Dec 11, 2019 1:20 PM

Similar questions

8 replies

Dec 15, 2019 5:34 PM in response to crisfabr

Hey crisfabr,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I understand you're getting an error when attempting to install macOS Catalina. I definitely want to make sure you're able to use the latest and greatest macOS, and I'm happy to help.

To start, ensure that any external hard drives, audio devices, and other peripherals are disconnected before attempting to install again. If you get the same error, attempting to complete that install in a new user would be a great next step. You can see how create a new user here: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

If you're still unable to complete the install in a new user, use the steps in the link below to repair the disk, and try once again. Let us know if the same or different error occurs, and we'll go from there.

Repair a storage device in Disk Utility on Mac

Thanks again, and have a great day!

Failed to install MacOs Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.