Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Reinstall Clean Copy Of Garageband

Hello,

I was having some trouble with my GarageBand as it had said when I opened it that "Core MIDI was not available" and I believe this was causing my issue where I could not hear any audio when I attempted to use a virtual instrument keyboard. Because I could not find a clear answer on the web, I decided to move the GarageBand application to the trash and attempt to reinstall it off the App Store. Unfortunately, when I go to my purchased section on my App Store there is a notification that wants me to update GarageBand, not install it. When I search it up on the search bar and find the page, it still only gives me the option to update it, not install it. And when I click on the update, it just refreshes back to another button that says update. I have researched online and cannot find an answer to my problem so I was hoping this community can provide me with some insight so I can use GarageBand again.

Thank you in advance.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Dec 12, 2019 12:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2019 10:42 AM

Hey there micaiahm, 

Thanks for contacting Apple Support Communities. I see that you’re having trouble installing your Garageband app again through the App Store after deleting it from your system. I’d like to offer you some helpful steps for this issue. 

Try quitting out of the App Store, and then re-opening the App Store. Check back on the Garageband app to see if you still see the ‘Update’ tab. 

If you’re continuing to have the same issue, make sure that the ‘Trash’ bin that contains the Garageband app/files are completely emptied out. Once that has been done, restart your device before trying it again.

In case you’re still unable to install the Garageband app, some additional information would help me better assist you:

• What type of device are you having this issue with?

• Is your device updated to the latest version? 

• Did you find any files related to the Garageband app when you searched your system? If so, what are some of the files that you found?

Have a great day!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2019 10:42 AM in response to micaiahm

Hey there micaiahm, 

Thanks for contacting Apple Support Communities. I see that you’re having trouble installing your Garageband app again through the App Store after deleting it from your system. I’d like to offer you some helpful steps for this issue. 

Try quitting out of the App Store, and then re-opening the App Store. Check back on the Garageband app to see if you still see the ‘Update’ tab. 

If you’re continuing to have the same issue, make sure that the ‘Trash’ bin that contains the Garageband app/files are completely emptied out. Once that has been done, restart your device before trying it again.

In case you’re still unable to install the Garageband app, some additional information would help me better assist you:

• What type of device are you having this issue with?

• Is your device updated to the latest version? 

• Did you find any files related to the Garageband app when you searched your system? If so, what are some of the files that you found?

Have a great day!

Cannot Reinstall Clean Copy Of Garageband

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.