Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GarageBand '11 - Connecting to Lesson Store ...

Folks,

I am running GarageBand '11 (v. 6.0.5 (428.5)) on an OLD, all-in-one desktop Mac that is running macOS High Sierra (v. 10.13.16)

I am also correctly logged in to iTunes with my account.

When I choose Lesson Store, it always says that it is temporarily unavailable. When I hit RETURN, the following shows up

And nothing happens afterwards. If I move to another option (e.g. Learn to Play) and return to the Lesson Store, the screen is exactly the same.

Unlike other Mac users that have described their GarageBand options, this is all that appears. I don't have an "Account" option or anything else - the screen shot that appears above is ALL that is available and the Toolbar options do not provide anything else of worth.

I have recently purchased a midi enabled keyboard to learn to play and I was hoping to use GarageBand to assist me along with other materials that I have.

Thanks for any and all assistance in advance.

Mark

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 30, 2021 12:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2021 10:44 PM

I am getting the same message, when I try to access the Lesson Store from GarageBand '11, version 6.0.5 on my Macs running macOS 10.14 Mojave.

But I can access the lesson store without problem from the newer GarageBand 10, the successor GarageBand '11.

GarageBand '11 has not been updated by Apple for a long time, no updates since 2013. It is no longer sold from the App Store, and even the updater to GarageBand 6.0.5 has been removed from Apple's downloads page. Recent changes at the Lesson Store may have broken the connection between the old legacy version of GarageBand.

To use the Lesson Store, use GarageBand 10. It does not interfere with GarageBand '11. I have been using it along with GarageBand '11 for quite some time, to get the best of both versions. Do you have a version of GarageBand 10 installed? Or is it in your recent purchases at the AppStore?

You cannot purchase GarageBand 10 now from a Mac with High Sierra. The recent GarageBand 10 version requires macOS 11 Big Sur or newer. Try to borrow a Mac with a newer system, where you can purchase GarageBand 10 (for free) and associate it with your AppleID. Then you should be able to download it on your Mac's AppStore from the recent purchases.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2021 10:44 PM in response to MAJMBlues

I am getting the same message, when I try to access the Lesson Store from GarageBand '11, version 6.0.5 on my Macs running macOS 10.14 Mojave.

But I can access the lesson store without problem from the newer GarageBand 10, the successor GarageBand '11.

GarageBand '11 has not been updated by Apple for a long time, no updates since 2013. It is no longer sold from the App Store, and even the updater to GarageBand 6.0.5 has been removed from Apple's downloads page. Recent changes at the Lesson Store may have broken the connection between the old legacy version of GarageBand.

To use the Lesson Store, use GarageBand 10. It does not interfere with GarageBand '11. I have been using it along with GarageBand '11 for quite some time, to get the best of both versions. Do you have a version of GarageBand 10 installed? Or is it in your recent purchases at the AppStore?

You cannot purchase GarageBand 10 now from a Mac with High Sierra. The recent GarageBand 10 version requires macOS 11 Big Sur or newer. Try to borrow a Mac with a newer system, where you can purchase GarageBand 10 (for free) and associate it with your AppleID. Then you should be able to download it on your Mac's AppStore from the recent purchases.

GarageBand '11 - Connecting to Lesson Store ...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.