Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

delete podcast episode on my own podcast

hello! I am a podcast host. Last night I posted a podcast episode with a misspelling. I went to my hosting site to delete it but it still pushed through to iTunes. Will it delete from iTunes automatically now? I want to re-upload the episode now but worried I will have two. Does anyone know how to do this? Just to be clear I do NOT want to delete my podcast & I am not trying to delete other people's epsiodes- I want to delete one episode something I created.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.12

Posted on Dec 12, 2019 6:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2019 8:05 AM

Where is this mis-spelling? If you have a spelling mistake in the description, title or subtitle (as opposed to something spoken in the actual episode) just correct it in the feed and re-upload it. If you have already removed the episode from the feed just restore it: keep the same 'guid' details. Changes may take a couple of days or so to appear in the Store, and if you deleted the episode it will disappear from the Store after a delay in the same way.

If the error is in the actual media file, just re-upload it under the same filename. However any subscriber who has downloaded the original will of course keep that.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2019 8:05 AM in response to leaderofthepax

Where is this mis-spelling? If you have a spelling mistake in the description, title or subtitle (as opposed to something spoken in the actual episode) just correct it in the feed and re-upload it. If you have already removed the episode from the feed just restore it: keep the same 'guid' details. Changes may take a couple of days or so to appear in the Store, and if you deleted the episode it will disappear from the Store after a delay in the same way.

If the error is in the actual media file, just re-upload it under the same filename. However any subscriber who has downloaded the original will of course keep that.

delete podcast episode on my own podcast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.