Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Premium Techie Support a scam?

Hi,

I've seen a post in the past about this company called Premium Techie Support. A while back my mac was experiencing pop ups and a bad virus (somehow). I got in touch with this company (somehow... now that I come to think of it, it was a software pop up on my laptop). They made me pay $500 to "get my laptop back up and running". They also requested a monthly payment, but I got out of that. It was $500 for lifetime support. Now Im getting an email from them saying my membership will expire December 11th. I honestly can't tell if this was all a scam or not. Especially because their website is glitchy wont allow me to put in my phone number so that they can call me back.

Any tips???

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Dec 12, 2019 2:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2019 2:19 PM

Of course it is a scam. Such criminals try to bleed every penny out of you for as long as possible.

If you permitted the criminals to access your computer, change all passwords that may have been used on that computer.

If you provided them with financial information, immediately contact your bank for steps to deal with compromised financial information.

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2019 2:19 PM in response to PremiumTechieSupporr

Of course it is a scam. Such criminals try to bleed every penny out of you for as long as possible.

If you permitted the criminals to access your computer, change all passwords that may have been used on that computer.

If you provided them with financial information, immediately contact your bank for steps to deal with compromised financial information.

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Is Premium Techie Support a scam?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.