Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verification bug on iCloud/Apple ID

Since the last Catalina update, I can't use my password on my MacBook Pro - no matter what I do. I can change it online, I can access it on my phone - but nothing on the computer.

Followed some tips here (change WiFi, log out, shut down etc) - nothing works.

Updating to Catalina is the biggest mistake I ever did on my Mac(s). This OS isn't half baked - it is ridiculous.

Any ideas?

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Dec 12, 2019 9:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2019 7:57 AM

Are you running any anti - virus programs? Using a VPN?

Try setting up another admin user account in System Preferences/Users & Groups to see if the same problem continues. Please post back on whether or not this worked. Also try the Safe Mode. Please post back on whether or not this worked.

Isolating an issue by using another user account 

Safe Mode - About

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin

Etrecheck – System Information

Web site version if required.  https://etrecheck.com

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2019 7:57 AM in response to DM88

Are you running any anti - virus programs? Using a VPN?

Try setting up another admin user account in System Preferences/Users & Groups to see if the same problem continues. Please post back on whether or not this worked. Also try the Safe Mode. Please post back on whether or not this worked.

Isolating an issue by using another user account 

Safe Mode - About

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin

Etrecheck – System Information

Web site version if required.  https://etrecheck.com

Dec 13, 2019 7:56 PM in response to Eric Root

Hi,

Thanks for the tips.

This problem doesn't exist with another user, nor online (here, for example). It stayed on this machine, no matter which network I use, on all key places: System preferences, App store, iCloud, email issues from the Mail app etc.

Will try using Etrecheck. Not much of a "technical guy", but I will try.

Please note that all this chaos started when the new Catalina update arrived. In general, Catalina caused me so many issues that I will never install another OS before reading it is nothing less but a masterpiece. Wasted so many hours because of it.

Verification bug on iCloud/Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.