Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an iPad 2, 2nd generation, and it does not get upgraded to 9.3.6

Hi

I've got an iPad 2, 2nd generation, model MC773LL/A, wifi + cellular, running iOS 9.3.5 and am experiencing trouble when disconnected from Wifi to get GPS position. I intend to use it outdoors away from any Wifi antenna. I do not use SIM card either

I read around there was an update to 9.3.6 to fix some sort of time rolling issues related to GPS

But my iPad does not show that updates (It says the iPad is already up-to-date with version 9.3.5 on it)

How can I update to 9.3.6 to check if that fixes my issue with GPS?

For the GPS issue, I tried almost everything, including wiping off the iPad and reconfiguring it... no way...

When connected to WiFi work beautifully.... when disconnected from the internet it is not able to get GPS coordinates from satellites ...

Very odd

Talked already to Apple . Customer Support.... they advised to buy a newer iPad.... :D

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Dec 13, 2019 4:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2019 9:08 AM

Thanks for the clarification Niel.

Then... I'll open another thread with just the GPS issue...

Cheers

3 replies

I have an iPad 2, 2nd generation, and it does not get upgraded to 9.3.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.