Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Retain editing point when opening Multicam clip

Hi all

Hoping someone can help with what’s probably a simple point but I can’t figure it out.

I’m close to finishing a project based on a Multicam clip with 3 angles and want to do some fine tuning at some points in the project. When I skim through the nearly finished Multicam clip to a point I want to adjust, then double click on the clip in the timeline to get to the underlying angles (so I can see the three then select and edit the relevant one), it seems to open them at a random point.

I then have to skim through again to find the same spot I’d already got to.

Is there a way to open up the Multicam clip at the point I’ve selected?

Many thanks for any advice.

Andrew

Posted on Dec 13, 2019 1:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2019 1:26 PM

I'm not seeing that in the current version. Double clicking opens the angle editor at the same point as in the timeline. I may not see the same angle in the viewer. That depends on what's the active angle in the angle editor, but it should be the same point in the multicam clip.

7 replies

Dec 13, 2019 1:56 PM in response to Andrew Beattie

Good hint Tom thanks, I had missed an update so I’m now on 10.4.8, and the fact that it works for you encouraged me to experiment a bit more and I think I might see what’s happening.

I select a frame at 18 minutes in my project. When I double click the Multicam clip it seems to open 18 minutes after the start of the Multicam clip. It’s not the same point because I had about 3.5 minutes of setup time when I was starting the different cameras. In the project view I’d dragged the left hand side to trim off the setup time. So not random, but it’s dropping me into the Multicam clip 18 minutes after the start of that clip, not at a “synchronized” point aligning with where I was in the project when viewing it.

I possibly should have done something with the original Multicam clip to trim it before I started using it in my project, but I’m so close now that I don’t want to do anything major and risk messing things up!

Dec 13, 2019 3:02 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Thanks Tom, that did it!

I hadn’t set an in point and maybe because some of the angles/cameras hadn’t started at the beginning of the Multicam clip it was tripping it up. Didn’t need to change anything in the project, but once I set an in point in the Multicam clip where all cameras were all running, then double clicking in my project opened the three angles at the same spot. Going to save me quite some time, thanks :)

Retain editing point when opening Multicam clip

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.