can't add video to angle in multicam clip

I have a multicam clip imported from other software with only one angle

I created a new angle, and when I drag and drop a new video to the new angle the video is not added to the new angle but to the end of the first angle

How can I fix it?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.3

Posted on May 3, 2023 11:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2023 7:20 AM

so the error is something different, the "start" attribute, that indicates the start frame compiled from the timecode was slightly wrong due to drop-frame calculation.

Fixing the start frame of the multiclip angle fixed the issue

Similar questions

7 replies

May 4, 2023 1:31 AM in response to yonatan166

I can't reproduce this.

Test with a new multicam clip - just select one clip in the browser, make a multicam, add an angle, drag some other clip to the new angle. Same problem?

If not, then there is something funky about that specific multicam (though I can't think why that would happen).

If the problem occurs also with a new multicam, try deleting FCP preferences.

May 4, 2023 3:46 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Tom Wolsky wrote:

Did you make sure that the two clips, the one in the multicam, and the one you’re adding, have been assigned different camera angle numbers or names?

Tom, this always a good thing to have in mind when making a multicam, but do you think it is relevant when the OP was directly dragging a clip to an angle in the Angle Editor?

can't add video to angle in multicam clip

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.