Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos albums aren't shown in Finder when syncing to iPhone

I'm trying to sync selected albums to my iPhone in Catalina using Finder, and none of my Photos albums are showing in the dialog box. Old iPhone 6 is running iOS 12.4.3, and MacOS version is 10.15.2.

The current Photos album list is shown on the left in the attached picture -- the Finder dialog should be populated from there, right???

iPhone 6

Posted on Dec 15, 2019 10:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2019 10:15 AM

As far as I can tell, you will not be seeing any albums in the list, if your albums are included in folders.

See this discussion by scottrussell: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250947109?answerId=250947109021#250947109021

Do you have any top level albums? These should be showing. I have to wait several minutes before the albums will appear at all.

You will only be seeing your system photos library, when you are syncing. Is your current photos library the designated System Photo Library? You may want to check the in the Photos Preferences > general. "Use as System Photo Library" should be grayed out.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2019 10:15 AM in response to ObeliskToucher

As far as I can tell, you will not be seeing any albums in the list, if your albums are included in folders.

See this discussion by scottrussell: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250947109?answerId=250947109021#250947109021

Do you have any top level albums? These should be showing. I have to wait several minutes before the albums will appear at all.

You will only be seeing your system photos library, when you are syncing. Is your current photos library the designated System Photo Library? You may want to check the in the Photos Preferences > general. "Use as System Photo Library" should be grayed out.

Photos albums aren't shown in Finder when syncing to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.