Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How difficult is it to get a new camera installed in a iPhone 7?

I’m wondering if it is even possible to have the main camera replaced by either the Apple company or a private repair center? I still owe about $450 and the trade in value is 0 so I’m pretty sure I can’t get a new iPhone for about a year and I hate not being able to take pictures with my iPhone.

My phone has zero damage and the problem began right after a software update.

since the iPhone is out of warranty do I have any rights to get it fixed since I have found my problem is very common and I believe was caused by the update and not something that I caused.

please help,

@LovesBlues

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Dec 15, 2019 3:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2019 5:02 AM

I don't know if Apple replaces just the camera. This is the official Apple Support document on iPhone Repairs, and it does not refer to replacing just the camera --> iPhone Repair - Official Apple Support

This is why we're suggesting you schedule an appointment at your Apple Store Genius Bar. We are ALL users on this forum and no one here works for Apple.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2019 5:02 AM in response to Lovesblues

I don't know if Apple replaces just the camera. This is the official Apple Support document on iPhone Repairs, and it does not refer to replacing just the camera --> iPhone Repair - Official Apple Support

This is why we're suggesting you schedule an appointment at your Apple Store Genius Bar. We are ALL users on this forum and no one here works for Apple.

How difficult is it to get a new camera installed in a iPhone 7?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.