Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting emails, (moving to trash folder) does not propagate to the mail server for one account.

Deleting emails, (moving to trash folder) does not propagate to the mail server for one account.

It used to work fine. This is with Mail 11.5 (3445.9.1)

Any ideas what may cause this?

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 17", macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 15, 2019 8:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2019 2:49 PM

Yes it is an IMAP account.

I think that I have cleared the problem by booting in safe mode and working with mail.

Suddenly there were several messages about not being able to move messages to folders, (probably because I had deleted them.) which seemed to clear the queue. And further trials seem to prove that deletions are once again propagated to the server and my other devices.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2019 2:49 PM in response to BDAqua

Yes it is an IMAP account.

I think that I have cleared the problem by booting in safe mode and working with mail.

Suddenly there were several messages about not being able to move messages to folders, (probably because I had deleted them.) which seemed to clear the queue. And further trials seem to prove that deletions are once again propagated to the server and my other devices.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.