Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail Hard to Open

I'm using a iMac 21.5-inch, with OS X El Capitan ver. 10.11.6, which has Version 9.3 Mail. Lately, I am finding difficult opening mail. I have to force quit several times even before it opens. Its only been happening in the last 6 months. I'm not tech savvy, but can I download a later ver. of Mail. Any Ideas. Thanks Guys

Posted on Dec 16, 2019 2:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2019 2:28 AM

The version of Mail comes as part of the OS so no you cannot update unless you upgrade your Mac to a newer OS if you can.

Let's try a couple of things first, Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac – Apple Support

Start up in Safe Mode, this can take several minutes, so be patient. Open Mail see if it works as expected.

Then just Restart normally. You could try resetting the NVRAM although it is not directly related to Mail, but it

might just reset something that may have a link to Mail.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2019 2:28 AM in response to rmmedia

The version of Mail comes as part of the OS so no you cannot update unless you upgrade your Mac to a newer OS if you can.

Let's try a couple of things first, Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac – Apple Support

Start up in Safe Mode, this can take several minutes, so be patient. Open Mail see if it works as expected.

Then just Restart normally. You could try resetting the NVRAM although it is not directly related to Mail, but it

might just reset something that may have a link to Mail.

Mail Hard to Open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.