Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 2017 A1707 keyboard completely stopped working

The keyboard on my MacBook Pro is completely unresponsive. No keys register when pressed. The backlight still works fine and the touch bar is fine too. The trackpad also is fine. I'm using my partner's Mac to write this question as I don't even have an external keyboard to use. This laptop was fine last night and even this morning for the first 15 letters I typed into my browser, then all of a sudden no keys registered anymore and nothing I do will fix it. I've tried resetting VRAM but the keyboard doesn't register anything, obviously. I know these Macbooks are known to have keyboard issues - which I've had - sticky keys etc etc, but now it completely just stopped and I'm currently in Luxembourg which is not where I live - I'm based in Australia. I really need this resolved as my computer is the only way I work - I'm a photographer/video editor! Please help.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 16, 2019 6:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2019 7:54 AM

See if this Apple Service Program applies to your model:

Keyboard Service Program for MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro - Apple Support

Beyond that and considering we are merely end users like you and can take not direct action, I feel you best action is to take the computer to an Apple Store in Luxembourg for evaluation.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2019 7:54 AM in response to MTRom

See if this Apple Service Program applies to your model:

Keyboard Service Program for MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro - Apple Support

Beyond that and considering we are merely end users like you and can take not direct action, I feel you best action is to take the computer to an Apple Store in Luxembourg for evaluation.

Macbook Pro 2017 A1707 keyboard completely stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.