Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages app won't update

Just bought a new MacBook Pro. I am getting an App Store indication to update the "Pages" app. When I try to do that I get a notification reading: To update that app you need to accept it on the account page in the App Store. So, when I go to my App Store account page I then click Update on the Pages app and I just get the same notification. Is there some other way I am to "accept" it that I am missing? TIA.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 16, 2019 3:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2019 5:37 PM

I don't use Catalina so cannot check how my account appears in the App Store in that OS. But this answer I wrote for Mojave may help you. The apps must be "accepted" before they can be updated. Click your name in the lower left of the Mac App Store window to get to your account page. Don't click "update," you need to click "accept" instead. You may need to click on purchases to see the apps to accept. If you still don’t see the option to “accept” the apps deleting them from your Applications folder & re-downloading them from the Mac App Store usually works.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2019 5:37 PM in response to BShawRush

I don't use Catalina so cannot check how my account appears in the App Store in that OS. But this answer I wrote for Mojave may help you. The apps must be "accepted" before they can be updated. Click your name in the lower left of the Mac App Store window to get to your account page. Don't click "update," you need to click "accept" instead. You may need to click on purchases to see the apps to accept. If you still don’t see the option to “accept” the apps deleting them from your Applications folder & re-downloading them from the Mac App Store usually works.

Pages app won't update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.