Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I reuse an apple ID that has been deleted?

Hi! I want to reuse my old Apple ID.

I deleted it (15 days ago) because I was an Android user for 7 years and I have just bought an iPhone and I wanted to start everything from scratch, deleting everything that was associated with my old apple ID.

I tried to create a new account using the same Apple ID and it shows:

"This email address is not available. Choose a different address."

When I try to log in with the old account, it shows that the account doesn't exist, even when I search for an Apple ID.

Can anyone help me?

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Dec 16, 2019 6:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2019 6:41 PM

You cannot. As explained when you requested the deletion, that act is permanent. That AppleID and email can never be used again with Apple as login credentials for Apple services.

All you can do is get another email address to use, and use that to create a wholly new AppleID. I cannot guarantee this would work, but you may be able to use an alias to that original email, if your email provider allows for the creation of aliases.

How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

What happens if I change my mind after I have requested that my account be deleted? 

While your request is being processed, you can contact Apple Support with the unique alphanumeric access code you received, and we’ll help you cancel your request. After your account is deleted, Apple can't cancel the request, reopen your account, or restore your data.”

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2019 6:41 PM in response to EzioFi

You cannot. As explained when you requested the deletion, that act is permanent. That AppleID and email can never be used again with Apple as login credentials for Apple services.

All you can do is get another email address to use, and use that to create a wholly new AppleID. I cannot guarantee this would work, but you may be able to use an alias to that original email, if your email provider allows for the creation of aliases.

How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

What happens if I change my mind after I have requested that my account be deleted? 

While your request is being processed, you can contact Apple Support with the unique alphanumeric access code you received, and we’ll help you cancel your request. After your account is deleted, Apple can't cancel the request, reopen your account, or restore your data.”

How can I reuse an apple ID that has been deleted?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.