Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone is cracked and currently has a hole in the bottom left corner of the screen

Hello! My phone is cracked and currently has a hole in the bottom left corner of the screen ( Like on the bottom white part where the button is located).

I want to be able to recover my pictures. However, I am not able to touch the screen in order to type my password in to sign it. It does not react to the sensor and just has a mind of its own now and just clicks everything on its own. Therefore I can not sync my device to my computer. I am hoping that if I fix the screen that this will resolve the problem...will it? Also, is there anyway that apple could replace this screen for me and how much will that be?

Hoping that this would not be an actual problem with the phone and just a problem with the screen being cracked.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 16, 2019 8:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2019 8:19 PM

In the United States, Apple charges $169 plus tax at an Apple Store for a screen assembly replacement. Prices may vary with Apple Authorized Service Providers and/or in other countries.

iPhone Screen Repair & Replacement - Official Apple Support

However, if your intent is to extract the data, that comes with a big caveat that Apple makes no guarantees that your data will still be there. One possibility is resetting the device in order to test it, especially if the passcode provided doesn't work. Another is that Apple could opt to simply provide a complete service replacement in exchange.

Legal - Repair Terms and Conditions - Apple
Apple understands that your data may be valuable to you. Data loss during service is always a possibility, and in some cases, data may be unrecoverable, erased, or reformatted during service. For this reason, it is your sole responsibility to back up all existing data, software, and/or programs from your product, and to decide whether to erase any such data from your product, prior to receiving service. Apple is not responsible for loss, recovery, or compromise of data, software or programs, or loss of use of your product or other equipment arising out of the services provided by Apple. You represent that your product does not contain any illegal files or data.

This is one of those cases where I think it's worth considered 3rd party repair - but only if the possibility of not getting the data is more important than anything else. A 3rd party shop can take a request not to delete anything (and they can't do it anyways like Apple can).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2019 8:19 PM in response to hayholenka3

In the United States, Apple charges $169 plus tax at an Apple Store for a screen assembly replacement. Prices may vary with Apple Authorized Service Providers and/or in other countries.

iPhone Screen Repair & Replacement - Official Apple Support

However, if your intent is to extract the data, that comes with a big caveat that Apple makes no guarantees that your data will still be there. One possibility is resetting the device in order to test it, especially if the passcode provided doesn't work. Another is that Apple could opt to simply provide a complete service replacement in exchange.

Legal - Repair Terms and Conditions - Apple
Apple understands that your data may be valuable to you. Data loss during service is always a possibility, and in some cases, data may be unrecoverable, erased, or reformatted during service. For this reason, it is your sole responsibility to back up all existing data, software, and/or programs from your product, and to decide whether to erase any such data from your product, prior to receiving service. Apple is not responsible for loss, recovery, or compromise of data, software or programs, or loss of use of your product or other equipment arising out of the services provided by Apple. You represent that your product does not contain any illegal files or data.

This is one of those cases where I think it's worth considered 3rd party repair - but only if the possibility of not getting the data is more important than anything else. A 3rd party shop can take a request not to delete anything (and they can't do it anyways like Apple can).

My phone is cracked and currently has a hole in the bottom left corner of the screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.