Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not able to use boot camp to install windows 10. Diskutil doesn't find any bootcamp related volumes.

I am trying to install windows 10 on my iMac after successfully reviving it from nearly dead situation from past 3 years. Now it is running MacOS High Sierra (that's the latest OD this can run). While trying to install windows through bootcamp, I get an error stating "the startup disk cannot be partitioned or restored to a single partition". Placing screenshot of diskutil list command. Command "diskutil cs list" returns "No CoreStorage logical volume groups found".

Any help to resolve would be highly appreciated.

Note: To revive the iMac I have tried in several ways. One was to make 3 hard drive partitions and install different versions of MacOS. I am not sure if that's the reason for this trouble.

iMac 27", macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 17, 2019 12:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2019 4:12 AM

Thanks for your reply. Since, my iMac was dormant for about 3 years, I didn't have any important documents or files on that. Moreover the installation of MacOS is fresh, hence I didn't need any back-up's.

I have overcome the issue by completely formatting at hard disk level and got rid of that additional small partition. Now boot camp is working and would be able to install either Windows 7 or 8 based on my iMac model. Thanks for your help. Greatly appreciated.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2019 4:12 AM in response to Loner T

Thanks for your reply. Since, my iMac was dormant for about 3 years, I didn't have any important documents or files on that. Moreover the installation of MacOS is fresh, hence I didn't need any back-up's.

I have overcome the issue by completely formatting at hard disk level and got rid of that additional small partition. Now boot camp is working and would be able to install either Windows 7 or 8 based on my iMac model. Thanks for your help. Greatly appreciated.

Not able to use boot camp to install windows 10. Diskutil doesn't find any bootcamp related volumes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.