Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Youtube buttons are non-clickable while in fullscreen.

None of these buttons are clickable while you are in fullscreen mode. Refreshing the page doesn't help. You need to open a new tab.

Catalina/High Sierra the same problem. System was restored, problem still exists.

Moreover, the sound of the video could stop sometimes without any reason. The video track and audio track are out of sync.

Chrome seems to be totally ok. But I couldn't transfer my passwords from safari to chrome what is super stupid.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 17, 2019 5:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2020 12:44 PM

if your cursor is unable to click (it has no effect) when watching a video full screen do this steps

1. pull down the “Safari” menu and choose “Preferences
  2. Select the “Search” tab.
  3. Uncheck the box next to “Show Favorites” under the 'Smart Search Field' section.
  4. Close Preferences as usual.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2020 12:44 PM in response to SalwinM

if your cursor is unable to click (it has no effect) when watching a video full screen do this steps

1. pull down the “Safari” menu and choose “Preferences
  2. Select the “Search” tab.
  3. Uncheck the box next to “Show Favorites” under the 'Smart Search Field' section.
  4. Close Preferences as usual.

Jan 1, 2020 10:59 AM in response to Germyliok

Ive got the same issue! and I have YouTube on whitelist with adblocker as YouTube got really annoying months ago for those with adblocker on Safari so I whitelisted it, now I dont usually watch stuff in full screen mode on YT hence didn't notice this issue until now but today I was watching a vid and I couldn't do anything, even tried turning the Adblock on and still nothing, anyone had any luck with sorting this issue?

Safari Youtube buttons are non-clickable while in fullscreen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.