Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation Lock

i received a gift and used iPad Air and not sure what iPad Air 1 or 2 anyway, I connected it to the MacBook in order to back it up and restore it to factory settings, and when I followed the instructions and I reset it and update it, an Apple ID and password was required to unlock the iPad.

and I don’t know what is the Apple ID or the password that was linked to the iPad, I spoke to the person that gave me the iPad if he knows the I’d & password but he told me it was his rested in peace So, and He Don’t know, now I’m stuck with iPad Air locked up with Apple ID

and I don’t how to get that Apple ID and password cuz the owner of this iPad is not alive, and I don’t have a proof of purchase

is there anyway I can unlock it somehow? Hey

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Dec 17, 2019 7:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2019 2:23 PM

I don't use YouTube (you can't believe much of anything there); nor would I try a hack, especially with - as far as I know - an .exe file which is a Windows proprietary format (so how are you supposed to be able to use that).

The FBI was not able to unlock an iPad with the lock. It does what it is supposed to do: it will render the device useless.

Good luck.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2019 2:23 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

I don't use YouTube (you can't believe much of anything there); nor would I try a hack, especially with - as far as I know - an .exe file which is a Windows proprietary format (so how are you supposed to be able to use that).

The FBI was not able to unlock an iPad with the lock. It does what it is supposed to do: it will render the device useless.

Good luck.

Dec 22, 2019 1:44 PM in response to babowa

I was looking online how to unlock the activation lock, there was videos on YouTube explaining the ways to unlock iPads+iphons etc. other than the DNS bypass that allowing me partly use the iPad, there was also apps and programs (.exe files) that unlocks iPads n iPhones, but these Apps/programs are not for free. (they are pricy). if you know what im talking about, do you think that if I buy this exe. file that will allow me to unlock the iPad before recycling it.

Activation Lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.