Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

backing up to norton cloud

I have Norton 360 with 250G of cloud space but I can't get my MacBook to back up to it. Norton says that it is apple who doesn't allow 3rd party back up services. However, on the "official" apple support page under back ups it says you can set Time Machine to back up to a portable drive (USB) or a 3rd party cloud service.

Which statement above is accurate? Norton's or Apple's? If Apple's site is correct, how do I get Time Machine to do a weekly update to my Norton 360 cloud space?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.12

Posted on Dec 17, 2019 9:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2019 9:33 AM

Can you post a link to the site you refer to in: "However, on the "official" apple support page under back ups it says you can set Time Machine to back up to a portable drive (USB) or a 3rd party cloud service."

I don't think that is correct and I don't find any indication of it in: Back up your Mac with Time Machine - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2019 9:33 AM in response to zippitydodah

Can you post a link to the site you refer to in: "However, on the "official" apple support page under back ups it says you can set Time Machine to back up to a portable drive (USB) or a 3rd party cloud service."

I don't think that is correct and I don't find any indication of it in: Back up your Mac with Time Machine - Apple Support

backing up to norton cloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.