Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't see any printers on my mac

Current Pro Desktops

Posted on Dec 17, 2019 10:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2019 2:22 PM

It would be helpful if you could explain more precisely what the problem is. To see your printers, open system preferences by clicking on it below the pole menu on the finder. Then click on the Printers & Scanners icon. The window on the left side will show what printer(s) are connected and active. If you see your printer, but it isn't "selected" click on it to select it. If none are present, check to ensure your printer is physically connected. Then Click "Open Print Queue". Confirm that your printer is not on Pause. I hope this is helpful.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2019 2:22 PM in response to salmologic

It would be helpful if you could explain more precisely what the problem is. To see your printers, open system preferences by clicking on it below the pole menu on the finder. Then click on the Printers & Scanners icon. The window on the left side will show what printer(s) are connected and active. If you see your printer, but it isn't "selected" click on it to select it. If none are present, check to ensure your printer is physically connected. Then Click "Open Print Queue". Confirm that your printer is not on Pause. I hope this is helpful.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.