Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages-Date only function

Hi, I see only Date & Time function and not just date. It's painful that every time I enter a date it stamps 12.00 time also and I have to go to each cell, click cell in the right side menu, and change Time to None. Can anybody help how I can enter just the date?

Thanks

Apple Watch, watchOS 4

Posted on Dec 17, 2019 8:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2019 9:42 PM

"None" does not change the date and time data in the cell. It tells the cell to not display the the time art of the date and time value.

ALL 'dates' and ALL 'times' in Pages tables and in Numbers tables are Date and Time values specifying a specific instant in time.

IF you enter only the date part, Pages or Numbers completes the entry by adding the time part as 00:00:00 (midnight at the beginning of that date).

If you enter only the time part, Pages or Numbers completes the date and time value by setting the date part to the date the entry was made.

You can format the cell to show onlt the date part or to show only the time part, but that changes only the format, and not the content of the cell.

Regards,

Barry

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2019 9:42 PM in response to Pradeep_Nair

"None" does not change the date and time data in the cell. It tells the cell to not display the the time art of the date and time value.

ALL 'dates' and ALL 'times' in Pages tables and in Numbers tables are Date and Time values specifying a specific instant in time.

IF you enter only the date part, Pages or Numbers completes the entry by adding the time part as 00:00:00 (midnight at the beginning of that date).

If you enter only the time part, Pages or Numbers completes the date and time value by setting the date part to the date the entry was made.

You can format the cell to show onlt the date part or to show only the time part, but that changes only the format, and not the content of the cell.

Regards,

Barry

Pages-Date only function

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.