Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple watch keeps asking for password

updated my series 3 to Watch OS 6.1.1 overnight

now it keeps asking for the password to my Apple ID

I typed it in correctly, over and over

it keeps asking!

note that I have a separate Apple ID for iCloud versus iTunes (like many people)

it is unusable now!!!!

Posted on Dec 18, 2019 3:51 AM

15 replies

Dec 18, 2019 4:59 AM in response to Community User

Hi fieryjack, note that I use a different Apple ID for iCloud and iTunes.

on the phone linked to the Watch, I signed out of iTunes, then back in.

This did not solve the Watch issue.

I am hesitant to sign out of iCloud on my phone just to try things--too many things are dependent on that (photos, notes, mail, etc etc).

it seems like signing back in would cause too much stuff to have to resync.

Dec 18, 2019 4:36 AM in response to Dave1234567890

Try this;

On your phone go into your profile page and sign out at the bottom of the screen then sign back in again.This should pass the signed in info to the watch and hopefully stop asking for your password.

Dec 18, 2019 5:41 AM in response to Community User

fieryjack wrote:

It's the icloud password the phone is asking for.If you don't want to do that then you will keep getting that password request.

The watch is displaying the email address I use for iTunes, not iCloud.

On my phone I did sign out of iTunes and back in.

Immediately I got the prompts on my Watch, so it didn't work.

I just rebooted the Watch, maybe that will help.

This seems ridiculous!!!

Feb 21, 2020 8:49 AM in response to cstiven

Updated to 6.1.3 on iWatch 4. It kept on asking me for my iCloud password daily. Solution was to Unpair the iWatch using the iWatch App. Pairing it again on the iWatch app on your phone is a long process since you have to restore the iWatch back to the updated 6.1.3 release. (You could go back to a prior version, but sooner or later you'll be required to update the iWatch to the latest software version.) You'll be asked to enter a new passcode, which can be the same one used before. Patience is require for the entire pairing process.

apple watch keeps asking for password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.