Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't open numbers documents on my iMac and it won't update to a new version either

why can't I open my numbers files anymore? I get the message to update numbers but only does the spinning wheel of death if I try. Running OS X Yosemite on iMac 2011

iMac 21.5", OS X 10.10

Posted on Dec 18, 2019 1:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2019 5:44 AM

If you were using Numbers '09 v4.3 on Mountain Lion, it would still pop a dialog informing you that an update for Numbers is available, even though the current Numbers v6.2.1 (2019-12-21) in the Mac App Store requires Mojave or Catalina as a prerequisite to Numbers installation. Your iMac is too old to update to even Mojave, so there will be no Numbers update available to you.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2019 5:44 AM in response to Bearlady19

If you were using Numbers '09 v4.3 on Mountain Lion, it would still pop a dialog informing you that an update for Numbers is available, even though the current Numbers v6.2.1 (2019-12-21) in the Mac App Store requires Mojave or Catalina as a prerequisite to Numbers installation. Your iMac is too old to update to even Mojave, so there will be no Numbers update available to you.

I can't open numbers documents on my iMac and it won't update to a new version either

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.