Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Menu bars disappear. I don't want them to

The menu bar suddenly started behaving like the dock - appearing when cursor is on it, disappearing when cursor moves away. I want the menu bar of finder and all programs plus, on the right, the date, time, connection status and other things, to always be there, for whatever program is active in addition to the finder, like it always was for years and years. This just started today and I want the menu locked in place again. I don't know how. thanks for help

Mac mini, macOS 10.12

Posted on Dec 18, 2019 6:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2019 12:06 AM

Open System Preference> General and make sure Automatically Hide and Show the menubar is unchecked.

Otherwise you could be in Full Screen Mode where the menubar are automatically hidden, if you want to go back to normal screen mode press the Esc key or pace the cursor at the top of the screen and when the menubar appears click on the green button.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2019 12:06 AM in response to rrsfromdc

Open System Preference> General and make sure Automatically Hide and Show the menubar is unchecked.

Otherwise you could be in Full Screen Mode where the menubar are automatically hidden, if you want to go back to normal screen mode press the Esc key or pace the cursor at the top of the screen and when the menubar appears click on the green button.

Menu bars disappear. I don't want them to

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.