Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using online classes and certain third party cookies are being blocked to disable critical information for these classes after the latest OS update. I have checked my preferences to allow web tracking and allow cookies. How can I allow?

I have checked my preferences to allow web tracking and allow cookies. I have checked the boxes and restarted the computer and then restarted Safari and unchecked the same boxes which should allow the cookies and tracking and then quit Safari and reset the computer and I am still having the same issue of Safari not enabling the cookies. How can I allow? The IT for the classes suggests to download Chrome or Firefox, I would rather fix Safari rather than download a different browser.

Posted on Dec 18, 2019 8:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2019 3:30 PM

See this discussion.

Block cookies is off but being limited by… - Apple Community

Multiple people are having the same problem. The workaround is to use another browser until Apple fixes the problem.

Firefox        10.9 or higher

Opera Browser        10.9 or higher

SeaMonkey      10.9 or higher8

Waterfox          10.8 or higher

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2019 3:30 PM in response to georgiaspeach

See this discussion.

Block cookies is off but being limited by… - Apple Community

Multiple people are having the same problem. The workaround is to use another browser until Apple fixes the problem.

Firefox        10.9 or higher

Opera Browser        10.9 or higher

SeaMonkey      10.9 or higher8

Waterfox          10.8 or higher

Dec 21, 2019 1:35 PM in response to georgiaspeach

Hello georgiaspeach,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having trouble with cookies not being allowed from particular websites. I'd be happy to share information that may help.

It sounds like you've taken several great steps already. Next, under Safari > Preferences > Privacy, check "Prevent cross-site tracking." Then test the issue again.

Take care.

Using online classes and certain third party cookies are being blocked to disable critical information for these classes after the latest OS update. I have checked my preferences to allow web tracking and allow cookies. How can I allow?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.