Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Album art Disappeared after Catalina upgrade.

It seems my album art from 2018 and 2019 has vanished.I cannot add album art back ,it shows me dropping the file in but there is nothing there and none displayed.Any Ideas

Posted on Dec 19, 2019 2:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2019 8:59 AM

Hi billmk,

When version of MacOS Catalina are you running?

According to the release notes of MacOS Catalina 10.15.2, Apple addressed the album artwork issue for Music. See below:

– Restores the column browser view for managing the music library

– Resolves an issue that may prevent album artwork from appearing

– Fixes an issue that may reset music equalizer settings during playback

If you haven't updated to 10.15.2 I would recommend it as it might address your issue. After I upgraded and launched music it immediately started redownloading album artwork. Before the update, some albums had artwork and others didn't.

I hope this helps.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2019 8:59 AM in response to billmk

Hi billmk,

When version of MacOS Catalina are you running?

According to the release notes of MacOS Catalina 10.15.2, Apple addressed the album artwork issue for Music. See below:

– Restores the column browser view for managing the music library

– Resolves an issue that may prevent album artwork from appearing

– Fixes an issue that may reset music equalizer settings during playback

If you haven't updated to 10.15.2 I would recommend it as it might address your issue. After I upgraded and launched music it immediately started redownloading album artwork. Before the update, some albums had artwork and others didn't.

I hope this helps.

Album art Disappeared after Catalina upgrade.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.