Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Album artwork present, but not displaying

After a fresh instal of Catalina, I dragged my Music Library and media to the Music folder, in the same relative position to each other, from my backup disk.

But, although the artwork is still 'attached' to the albums, it's not displaying in the Music app.

I've left it overnight to see if it will sort itself out, but no change.

If I right clock on an album and select Get Album Artwork nothing happens.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

iMac 27" 5K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 26, 2020 6:25 AM

9 replies

Feb 18, 2020 2:46 PM in response to Jagmurcredrea

Though this does work if you don't mind starting a new library ab ovo, it does not work if you are accessing a library from a shared disk space (without duplicating the data).

When I fire up a library that lives on box.com and on my hard drive but was made on my other mac, I can play the music but cannot see the album art—with one wrinkle: I can see the artwork if I get information on the individual songs; the album itself is not displaying. See below:

Does anyone know what trick I need to do to get the art to show in the album area itself? tx

Feb 11, 2020 6:14 PM in response to Jagmurcredrea

That is absolutely working. Thanks for sharing this info.

Incidentally, notice that when you create a fresh music folder by importing this way, the results are ultra simplified in Catalina: Media and a small Music Library.musiclibrary file are it. No more caches, Album Art, etc. There is a lot of noise on this list about retrieving or refreshing caches, but that seems to be an iTunes thing, not a Catalina Music thing.

Album artwork present, but not displaying

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.