Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

highlighting across pages in Books App

Has anyone discovered how to carry-on a highlighting color across pages in Apple Books?

Example: on the first page I have highlighted various passages in different colors but it just so happens text at the bottom of the page is highlighted in a color that needs to carryover to the following page;

1) typically what happens is either by pencil or finger the page will not turn nor will the color continue to highlight if it does turn.

2) in the case it does turn, touching the first word on the following page with the pencil prompts the page to shift to the right so a portion of the previous page can be seen; however I cannot drag the color forward from the previous page, and if I attempt to drag it backwards it selects all the text on the prior page changing it to whatever color I'm using, wiping out all of my previous highlighting.

Any help?

Posted on Dec 19, 2019 7:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2019 10:26 PM

Appreciate the response but I neglected to mention that I was attempting to do this from the 2 column per page layout; I have no problem selecting across pages when it is a single page or as a workaround of course selecting in single page view and then returning to the most dense two column view.

Similar questions

2 replies

highlighting across pages in Books App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.