Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music: Continue playing similar tracks after playlist ends.

Hi,

Is there a feature to continue playing similar tracks after a playlist ends? - For instance, in Spotify you can start playing an album/playlist, once the last song ends Spotify will continue playing similar tracks from that artist or another artist with the same music genre.

I haven't seen this feature in other music services such as Amazon Music or Apple Music but I wonder if it is a hidden feature. Honestly, this is a great feature from Spotify which I would be surprised if it has not been copied by the competition.

This is the only thing holding me back from switching to Apple Music. Is it possible that this already works in Apple Music but I haven't found the option?

Thanks!

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 19, 2019 7:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2019 8:50 AM

A good idea / suggestion.

Apple Music does not currently have this feature. When a playlist is done, it is done.

The only feature that remotely comes close to what you are looking for is the ability to queue different playlists so that when one is done another one will play.

1 reply

Apple Music: Continue playing similar tracks after playlist ends.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.