Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrade SSD on Macbook Pro 2019

Hey everyone, I booked a 2019 Macbook Pro with touch ID and touch bar but in confusion I booked the model having 128GB internal storage SSD. So is there anyway I can upgrade that to a 256GB . I don't mean to do anything illegally so as to nullify my warranty but would rather go to an Apple store and get it done if possible. So is this facility to upgrade the SSD available after the purchase of the Macbook? Thanks.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Dec 19, 2019 8:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2019 8:43 AM

It cannot be upgraded.

If you purchased it from Apple online or from an Apple Store, the holiday return period is in effect. Purchases made between November 15 and December 25 can be returned through January 8. See: Returns & Refunds - Shopping Help - Apple

If you purchased from an Authorized Reseller, check with them for their return policy.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2019 8:43 AM in response to Rohan_Swift

It cannot be upgraded.

If you purchased it from Apple online or from an Apple Store, the holiday return period is in effect. Purchases made between November 15 and December 25 can be returned through January 8. See: Returns & Refunds - Shopping Help - Apple

If you purchased from an Authorized Reseller, check with them for their return policy.

Dec 19, 2019 8:44 AM in response to Rohan_Swift

<I booked a 2019 Macbook Pro with touch ID and touch bar but in confusion

I booked the model having 128GB internal storage SSD. So is there

anyway I can upgrade that to a 256GB>

The new macs are point of sale only— no after purchase upgrades possible.

You can cancel the order / you can return the order; and get one that better suits your needs.

Viewing & Changing Orders - Shopping Help - Apple

Upgrade SSD on Macbook Pro 2019

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.