Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch Podcasts - "Your device is not connected to the internet"

I'll sync some podcast episodes from my PC to my iPod touch. In iTunes I can see they are on the iPod. But when I try to play them on the iPod I get the message "Your device is not connected to the internet". Of course it's not! I'm out on my bicycle or something. But why should it be? The files are on it and should play.

iPod Touch (6th Gen)

Posted on Dec 19, 2019 9:00 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Dec 20, 2019 10:21 AM in response to rickarcher-batgap

Here's an example. I've chosen "The Freke Show" podcast to sync from my PC (on the left) to my iPod (on the right). The files on on the iPod, but when I try to play one, I get the "Your Device is Not Connected to the Internet" message. )More text beneath this image.)

Now here's another one. The Making Sense podcast looks the same as the Freke Show one (files have synced), but it plays without my getting that message. I'm just using these as examples. I get the same error with the Davidya.ca podcast, but not with others.

Dec 31, 2019 6:49 PM in response to rickarcher-batgap

I discovered that the problem is that on the iPod, all or many podcast episodes are being displayed, not just the ones synced from iTunes. To see those I have to scroll down and click a link that says "Synced from iTunes". So now the challenge is to figure out how to display only those, and hide the ones not synced from iTunes, which require a WiFi connection (something I don't generally have while using my iPod) to download and play.

iPod Touch Podcasts - "Your device is not connected to the internet"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.