Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync new podcasts to IPod Nano

When I try to sync some newer podcasts onto my IPod Nano from the Podcast app on my MacBook pro, it says it "can't find the downloads". Yet other, older podcasts are downloaded fine. What is going on?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 11:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2021 10:04 PM

These podcasts were downloaded on my computer and I could play them on the Mac. I was syncing directly to the computer using a Lightning cable. I did just try a different cable and port and amazingly it worked! Thanks for the tip.

2 replies

Jan 20, 2021 3:13 PM in response to GinnyandGerry

Hello GinnyandGerry.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're experiencing issues when attempting to sync data to your iPod. If so, we'd like to look into this issue with you.

To confirm, are these specific podcasts already downloaded to your computer or are they showing cloud icons? When syncing, are you connected directly to your computer using a Lightning cable or are you syncing via Wi-Fi? If you're syncing using a Lighting cable, does testing a different cable or using a different port help?

Ever since this issue stared to occur, have you been able to restart both your Mac and iPod nano to see if you notice any change in this behavior?

Learn how to force restart your iPod

Log out, sleep, wake, restart, or shut down your Mac

If these steps don't help, you can try to test this issue in safe mode. This step prevents non-essential apps from opening up when starting up your Mac. If you're not familiar with safe mode, check out the link below:

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Feel free to keep us posted on your results.

Sync new podcasts to IPod Nano

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.