Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding podcasts to iPod nano with new MacBook Pro

I recently bought a MacBook Pro (2019) and I want to update the podcasts on my iPod nano (7th generation 16GB). I don't want to lose the music I already have on it. When connected to my MacBook Pro, I ticked the Options in the General tab called 'manually manage music etc.', but when I go to the Podcast tab I can only tick on the 'sync' option. When I do that it prompts that it will sync all my music, and I don't want that. Everything else is greyed out, so is there a way to update my podcasts without losing all my other music content?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 22, 2020 10:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2020 12:14 PM

Hello,

Please refer to the following Apple Support document.

Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies

Apr 22, 2020 2:27 PM in response to QuickPost

Sorry that does not give me the answer I need. I don't want the iPod the sync with my MacBook Pro, apart from the podcasts. Problem is it won't let me do that (so partial syncing). Once I tick 'select music manually' and go to the Podcast tab (in Finder) I can only tick 'sync', nothing else is available. If I do that, it gives me a warning that it will sync everything and therefore remove all the music I currently have on my iPod. That is not what I want, I just want to upload the latest podcasts I follow, nothing more....

Apr 28, 2020 5:23 AM in response to quban

anyone has an answer to this? How can I upload podcasts from my MacBook Pro to my iPod nano, without syncing the rest (and losing all the content that is on my iPod? Select manually select music in Finder won't do the job, it still tells me it will delete all music on it when I try to sync my podcasts...

Adding podcasts to iPod nano with new MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.